Hey y’all! Like most of you I’ve been cooped up in the house and practicing social distancing. It’s so easy to highlight the negatives that come from being quarantined but today I only want to think positive so here are 10 things that have positively affected me as a result of being quarantined.
- Natural hair is flourishing and I’m trying new styles. This new found time I have has me deep conditioning faithfully every week and trying new styles I typically wouldn’t because I didn’t have the time for a failed natural hair style. So far I’ve done a side part ponytail and a wash and go.
- Catch up on my shows. If you know me you know I love my shows! This quarantine has allowed me to get caught up on New Amsterdam. I’ve got to watch the entire 4 seasons of The Bold Type. & I’m currently starting Ozark to see what all the hype is about.
- Showings in real estate have become much more intimate. Initially I thought my real estate journey would pause due to the stay at home order but I’ve actually still been able to view buildings and now they are on a much more intimate level which I appreciate because I don’t feel rushed and intimidated by all the others viewing.
- Talking to my close friends more frequently than usual. Being cooped up in your home can be hard so I’ve been FaceTiming and texting friends I typically only talk to every other week practically everyday and I’m so grateful for that. It’s bringing me back to elementary days when I would talk to my besties all day.
- Obsess over my nephew and be a more attentive Sauntie. Since I’m working from home I get to steal cuddles from my nephew Cree Cree mid day and I’m absolutely obsessed. He’s staring to smile and coo which is making being quarantined so much more easier.
- Do yoga in the morning when I wake up. I’m one day into this so catch me a week from now to see if I’ve made it more routine. I loved how it made me feel though so If I don’t do it every morning I’m definitely going to commit to at least three days out the week. I’ve noticed I’m typically super tense throughout the day and yoga completely changed that.
- Drinking more water. When I work sometimes I get so busy I forget to take a step back and hydrate. Since I’ve been working from home I’ve been able to pace my workload and take better care of myself with drinking water being included. I drink about 4 bottles a day!
- Practice better skin care and grow eyebrows out. Y’all!!! I’ve been doing a face mask almost weekly and putting black castor oil on my brows. Due to this, my skin is flourishing and brows are thicker as a result.
- Improve on my grocery shopping skills. Since moving back home I’ve gotten so lazy in regards to grocery shopping because I’m reliant on either my mom or sister to cook dinner and I can buy lunch from work. Since I am working from home, this isn’t the case at all! I’m making grocery list and buying all the snacks!
- SAVE MONEY! Y’all I don’t need to buy anything but groceries so I’ve been able to exceed my savings goals and that in itself is the best thing that I’ve experienced this quarantine.
So as we are all going through this chaotic time, I challenge you to think positive and remain optimistic! We got this y’all!
“Weakness is treating someone as though they belong to you. Strength is knowing that everyone belongs to themselves.” – Yaa Gyasi